In the past, we’ve discussed some of the facts surrounding Invisalign. Because it’s a relatively modern treatment, and because the process is so different than traditional braces, we’ve noticed that there are as many myths as truths out there regarding Invisalign. So we wanted to come back to the topic of Invisalign and spend some time debunking some of these myths!
Reason 2 Smile Dental is proud to offer Invisalign treatment to those around Salt Lake City. With Dr. Vernon and his experienced team, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better dentist for you and your family. Whether you’re seeking Invisalign treatment, or any of our other dental services, give our Salt Lake City office a call today! Otherwise, keep reading to learn more about the most common Invisalign myths.
5 Common Invisalign Myths
- Treatment with Invisalign is more expensive than traditional braces: This might be true when you look at average costs, but in the right hands, your Invisalign treatment doesn’t necessarily have to cost more than braces. If keeping costs low is a priority for you, let Dr. Vernon know early on so you can try and design a treatment plan that works for you!
- Invisalign takes a lot longer than braces: Actually, when you study the averages, braces and Invisalign are actually comparable. While there are some alignment issues that might take longer to fix with Invisalign, in general, the whole treatment shouldn’t take longer than braces.
- Invisalign can’t help with more complicated alignment issues: As we’ve mentioned, it might take longer to correct certain, more complicated issues, Invisalign is extremely capable in the right hands!
- The plastic aligner trays give you a lisp: The aligner trays will be form-fitted to your teeth in a way that is precise and discreet. So you’ll hardly notice a difference in your speech as you go through treatment.
- There are way more appointments than with braces: While you have to change to a new set of aligner trays every two weeks, it doesn’t mean you’ll have to visit Dr. Vernon that often. With some planning, you can go home with several sets of aligners at a time to minimize your time in the office.
Invisalign With Reason 2 Smile Dental
The first step to getting Invisalign will be a consultation with Dr. Vernon. From there, you’ll have an impression taken so that your aligner trays can be developed. Then, every two weeks, you’ll need to put in a new set of trays so that your teeth can align slowly and consistently. With some routine appointments, we can make sure you’re on the right track to a brighter and more beautiful smile!
Ready for Invisalign with Reason 2 Smile?
Ready for Invisalign? Call us today at (801) 618-3399 to schedule a consultation! You can also contact us here.