Are you tired of the pounds and pounds of decay causing candy your child collects at Halloween every year? Are you looking to make a difference in the health of the children in your neighborhood? We’ve put together this list of healthier snacks and treasures that kids will love!
6 Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treasures
No need to hoard bags and bags of those gummy treats or suckers you have always stocked your candy bowl with. Instead, search for these kid approved snacks and toys:
- Milk or Dark Chocolate: If you MUST purchase candy, chocolate is one of the best options. Chocolate melts quickly as easily washes off teeth, giving bacteria no opportunity to cling to teeth.
- Sugar Straws: While comprised TOTALLY of powdery sugar, sugar straws are very easily dissolved giving bacteria little to no time to settle into the nooks and crannies of teeth.
- Sugar-free Gum: This is always a VERY popular choice for trick or treaters. Kids love to make bubble after bubble with sugar free gum. It also promotes saliva generation, which helps to remove food particles and bacteria from teeth.
- Temporary Tattoos and Stickers: What child doesn’t love a good sticker or tattoo? Your little ghosts and goblins will love choosing their favorite sticker or tattoo.
- Glowsticks: Children adore a good glow stick, and they also promote safety in the dark Halloween night.
- Dress-up Accessories: Children love to dress up and play pretend. Choose accessories that will last much longer than candy, giving hours of fun make believe.
Choose items from each category and let children pick one or two items, soon you’ll be the favorite house on the block. Just think, you can be the beginning of a trend among your friends and neighbors.
Healthy Teeth Will Last a Lifetime!
Even if you choose to go the traditional route with candy bars and suckers, a dental check-up before the holiday rolls around will help protect your child’s teeth from the sugary treats. Prevention always saves you from pain and higher dental repair bills down the road. Don’t hesitate, schedule a check up today by calling (801) 618-3399.